The Web Developer supports the design and development of CSD’s internal, external, and client web applications, content management systems, and other web applications. The Web Designer/Developer manages all aspects of CSD’s Wordpress multisite implementation and takes a leadership role in the evaluation and management of other technology applications. The Web Designer/Developer serves as a valuable contributor to the alignment of marketing strategy with online and virtual implementation, ensuring CSD and client products and services are positively represented to the online community and that every visitor touchpoint is well-designed and reflects a commitment to best in class standards.
Here are some of the things that you'd get to do:
- Designs and develops web applications including user interface and interactive features
- Collaborates with marketing and technology teams, project managers, and senior management on project mapping, goal setting, and implementation
- Provides technical guidance and recommendations for new/emerging technologies
- Acts as a liaison for internal customers and external clients to identify business requirements, opportunities for improved functionality, and user satisfaction
- Ensures that the layout of content is accessible and logical and recommends improvements as necessary to ensure clean, crisp and engaging interfaces.
- Creates content/site maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Creates and maintains custom themes that are multisite compatible and optimized for quick load times
- Resolves site and user issues and implements security protocols and backup processes
- Implements CSD’s Search Engine Optimization strategy into all pages and sites
- Builds high-scale websites with the WordPress CMS, including themes, child-themes, plug-in and add-on development
- Works with the creative team to build consensus around strategic designs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, visual communication, graphic/web design or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional work experience
- Proficient signed communication skills (preferred)
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.