The Content Writer acts as an architect for CSD’s content strategy to support our company marketing goals and develops a content experience that delivers quality content that engages our audiences, shapes a compelling customer journey, and boosts brand awareness. This person is primarily responsible for the creation and editing of content on all digital channels, including our website, blogs and social media. This position collaborates with other members of the Public Relations, Creative and Marketing team to ensure CSD messaging is visually appealing, contextually relevant, and promotes favorable action.
- Write and deliver high-quality, creative and original content to use across various digital channels
- Ensure personalized content includes relevant call to action (CTA) that connects with prospects at every stage of the customer’s journey
- Develop unique and attractive headlines and body; use of proper subheadings to make the content interactive and appealing
- Create original content after doing competitor analysis, take inspiration from other innovative content and generate ideas for new content
- Ensure all-around consistency throughout the CSD brand (style, fonts, images and tone).
- Write a variety of content for different niches and forms, e.g. create an engaging and highly creative and persuasive piece that can set the brand tone
- Create an optimal content environment by ensuring content is functional, easy to read, scannable and accessible to all users, including text summaries for videos
- Craft SEO-friendly titles and descriptions, ensuring content is optimized with effective keywords and phrases in order to achieve higher page rankings on Google and other search engines and stay up to date with latest search engine algorithms
- Develop link building strategies, applying appropriate use of external and internal links
- Curate website content daily and update as needed, using a content management system (CMS)
- Research industry-related topics including online sources, interviews and studies
- Write clear marketing copy to promote CSD products and services
- Coordinate with marketing and design team members to incorporate assets as needed
- Promote content on social media
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 2 years of professional experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or a related field
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.