Communication Assistants provide communication access for deaf, hard of hearing, and speech-impaired consumers by relaying telephone calls using voice and a computer. Your role would be to relay phone conversations between deaf consumers and hearing individuals by reading what is typed by the deaf caller and voicing that to the hearing individual. Then, hearing what is said by the hearing individual and typing that information to the deaf caller, with the contents of the call relayed as accurately as possible without intervening in the conversation.
Communication Assistants receive a starting wage of $12.50 per hour and are eligible for salary increases twice a year.
Make a Difference
As a non-profit organization, “service” is our middle name. If you're interested in making a difference (and getting paid for it) then CSD may be the place for you.
Being the Best Possible
CSD is looking to hire team members who are passionate, dedicated, and inspired by their work. We want people who truly care. Click here to see what others have to say about the Communication Assistant position.
Do Good Things
CSD does important work, including championing access, developing technology that changes the world’s interactions, and tons of community service. We’re proud of the work we’ve done and want you to join us in doing good things.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Typing skill of at least 60 WPM using a personal computer
- Want to practice your typing speed before you apply? Click here and try the 5 minute typing test.
- Starting wage of $12.50 per hour. Eligible for salary increases twice a year.
- Full-time and part-time schedules
- Paid time off
- Overtime availability paid at time and a half
- Paid employee benefits for full-time employees after 90 days
- No quotas, sales, tech support or angry customers!
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: office, retail, call center, customer service, office assistant, clerical support, receptionist, administrative assistant, front-desk clerk, data entry clerk, voice announcements, entry level, non-profit, typing, computers