The Project Manager position is part of CSD's Virtualization Program, allowing team members to work from any location that meets their needs. We believe that leaders belong in every community, and are proud to support our diverse and global workforce. Learn more at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrmixePKE
As part of the Project Management Team, the Project Manager supports the management and organization of projects for assigned groups of employees, vendors, contractors and consultants. The Project Manager provides for the analysis, design, development and implementation of solutions for business and functional areas and recommends solutions that enable our internal stakeholders to effectively deliver on organizational objectives.
- Contributes to and participates in project selection meetings by presenting background, risks, expected costs and benefits for proposed projects
- Executes project initiation procedures according to CSD standards, including documenting and managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Coordinates and communicates with all internal and external resources regarding assigned project tasks and planning
- Serves as primary liaison to business customers and provides recommendations for improved system processes. Develops deliverables related to project initiation including feasibility studies, risk assessment, project initiation reports, staffing, project organization outlines, and standards and control procedures
- Monitors project progress, deliverables, quality assurance, and customer service. Reports status to project stakeholders and identifies and resolves risks that impact project completion.
- Manages time and budget expectations and initiates action to identify and resolve problems to ensure goals are met. Coordinates planning, development, testing, documentation, and installation of project to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality
- Adjusts resources as necessary to ensure project success and completion. Provides work direction and feedback to all team members and assists in issue resolution. Provides guidance to team members on administrative and technical problems. Provides customer service that develops team behaviors and empowers team members to plan and execute work. Assists in staffing activities related to project.
- Develops new processes, as necessary, to ensure mission critical systems are completed; provides expertise in identifying appropriate methodologies for large-scale development efforts.
- Leads or participates in business process redesign teams
- Prepares and delivers formal presentations to colleagues and management. Shares “best practices” for account management staff development and technical expertise
- Provides leadership to the project team toward the attainment of high quality solutions, making sure systems are consistent with standards and operating procedures.
- Consults on other large projects and is viewed as a resource assigned to the company’s most critical efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience
- Three years of professional experience in business analysis, project management, or information technology
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (Preferred)
- Five years of professional experience as a Project Manager for a technology-focused organization (Preferred)
- Advanced degree in Information Technology (Preferred)
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.