Using a voice-recognition application, Captioning Assistants support communications for deaf or hard of hearing callers using a Captioned Telephone. Your role would be to listen to the speaker and repeat what they are saying into the voice recognition software. The software then transcribes your spoken words into written captions for our clients. This works similar to closed captioning you see on TV! To see a Captioning Assistant in action, please click here.
Captioning Assistants receive a wage of $12.50 per hour and are eligible for salary increases twice a year.
Hiring for both full and part-time shifts between 2:00pm to 10:30pm during the week and 8:00am to 10:30pm on weekends. Weekend and holiday shifts are required.
Make a Difference
As a non-profit organization, “service” is our middle name. If you're interested in making a difference (and getting paid for it) then CSD may be the place for you.
Being the Best Possible
CSD is looking to hire team members who are passionate, dedicated, and inspired by their work. We want people who truly care. Click here to see what others have to say about the Captioning Assistant position.
Do Good Things
CSD does important work, including championing access, developing technology that changes the world’s interactions, and tons of community service. We’re proud of the work we’ve done and want you to join us in doing good things.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Typing skills of at least 35 words per minute with a low error rate
- Want to practice your typing speed before you apply? Click here and try the 3 minute typing test
- Commit to 4 weeks of training without missing any time
- Day training from 9am-3pm, M-F; or
- Evening training from 3:30pm-9:30pm, M-F
- Trainees will be required to pass weekly assessments to successfully graduate training
- Work a night schedule
- Work Saturdays and Sundays
- Work holidays
- Starting wage at $12.50 per hour
- Eligibility for salary increases twice per year
- Full-time and part-time schedules
- Paid time off
- Overtime (when available) paid at time and a half
- Employee benefits for full-time employees after 90 days
- No quotas, sales, tech support or angry customers!
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Communication Service for the Deaf participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: office, retail, call center, customer service, office assistant, clerical support, receptionist, administrative assistant, front-desk clerk, data entry clerk, public speaking, voice announcements, music and theater, entry level, non-profit