Director of Development
The Director of Development position is part of CSD's Virtualization Program, allowing team members to work from any location that meets their needs. We believe that leaders belong in every community, and are proud to support our diverse and global workforce. Learn more at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrmixePKE
Operating in a virtualized work environment, the Director of Development leads the development and execution of CSD’s business and funder-relationship programs for CSD Neighborhood. This Director drives both internal and external outreach efforts regarding CSD Neighborhood’s portfolio of services in order to build brand recognition as a transformative innovator and global leader within the deaf community. The Director also provides CSDN with critical analysis of program development/implementation strategies from a fund development and business partner perspective to ensure CSDN development efforts are aligned towards rapid growth.
- Develops and executes an annual fundraising plan supporting CSD Neighborhood (CSDN), enabling acceleration of department initiatives
- Supports the development of promotional materials that support CSDN development and program marketing, including sales support materials, brochures, contact sheets, and follow-up scripts
- Develops and promotes relationships with key business contacts and individuals supporting partnership opportunities
- Strategizes and frames CSDN Marketing campaigns, engaging all necessary internal stakeholders to ensure success. Draws up campaign briefs that inform all internal stakeholders, including CSD Executives, about marketing purposes, timing and desired outcomes. Identifies target audiences for messaging and defines specific desired consumer response to each campaign.
- Monitors, measures and documents trends and results of scheduled marketing and development initiatives, ensuring all campaigns and follow-up prospecting activities are on-schedule
- Leverages professional networks to uncover new partnership opportunities to expand CSDN’s existing program capabilities to wider markets
- Leads community engagement activities that drive positive relationships and partnership opportunities for CSDN programs and services.
- Conducts market research and analysis to identify, develop, and deliver CSDN products and services to existing and alternative markets, and partners with CSDN VP to identify innovative revenue generating products and services to expand our existing product portfolio
- Researches and identifies market forces and external environmental factors (competition, emerging technology, government and regulatory influence, shifts in consumer behavior) that can impact CSDN’s existing array of program products and uncovers new directions to expand CSD’s service offerings to accelerate program development
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field from an accredited college/university or equivalent professional experience
- Master’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field (Preferred)
- Five years of professional business development experience
- Two years of professional experience supporting Deaf, hard of hearing, late deafened adult consumers, or other specialized market niches
- Ability to communicate effectively in American Sign Language
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.