Front End Engineer
The Front End Engineer position is part of CSD's Virtualization Program, allowing team members to work from any location that meets their needs. We believe that leaders belong in every community, and are proud to support our diverse and global workforce. Learn more at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrmixePKE
Operating in a virtualized work environment, the Front End Engineer supports the creation and development of next generation web and mobile products that serve the deaf and hard of hearing community. In partnership with UX/UI Designers, the Front End Engineer specializes in creating products that are easy and efficient to use, visually appealing, and aligned with best in class standards across CSD’s portfolio of products and services.
- Develops web applications using the Ember.js framework.
- Contributes to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces.
- Interacts with development team to define and develop new products, features, and enhancements.
- Uses business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, user cases, and high-level requirements.
- Builds mockups and prototypes to communicate and refine product concepts.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborates and brainstorms with development team on technologies and approaches that are best suited to address current needs.
- Writes clean, maintainable, scalable, and production-ready code using best engineering practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Develops reusable application components.
- Promotes best practices for web user experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Two years of professional experience in front-end web application development.
- Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language (preferred).
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.