French Bilingual Communication Assistant
French Bilingual Communication Assistants earn a starting wage of $12.40 per hour and are eligible for salary increases twice a year. CA's can earn an extra per hour for shift work!
RETENTION BONUS OPPORTUNITY: Successful hires are eligible for a $400 and in retention bonus rewards through CSD's recognition platform after 480 physical hours worked.
Communication Assistants provide communication access for deaf, hard of hearing, and speech-impaired consumers by relaying telephone calls using voice and a computer. In this role, you will:
- Relay calls between deaf consumers and hearing individuals. Read what's typed by the deaf caller and voice that to the hearing individual. Hear what's said by the hearing individual and type to the deaf caller
- Relay contents of the call as accurately as possible without intervening in the conversation
- Maintain strict consumer confidentiality and professionalism
Make a Difference
As a non-profit organization, “service” is our middle name. If you're interested in making a difference (and getting paid for it) then CSD may be the place for you.
Being the Best Possible
CSD is looking to hire team members who are passionate, dedicated, and inspired by their work. We want people who truly care. Click here to see what others have to say about the Communication Assistant position.
Do Good Things
CSD does important work, including championing access, developing technology that changes the world’s interactions, and tons of community service. We’re proud of the work we’ve done and want you to join us in doing good things.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Typing skill of at least 60 WPM (English) and 50 WPM (French) using a personal computer
- Practice your typing speed in English before you apply: click here and try any of the English 5-minute typing tests
- Bilingual in English and French
Please note: Skill Assessments will be administered to determine fluency levels at time of interview
- Starting wage at $12.40 per hour. Eligibility for salary increases twice per year.
- Full-time and part-time schedules
- Paid time off
- Overtime availability paid at time and a half
- Paid employee benefits for full-time employees after 90 days
- No quotas, sales, tech support or angry customers!
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: office, retail, call center, customer service, office assistant, clerical support, receptionist, administrative assistant, front-desk clerk, data entry clerk, public speaking, voice announcements, music and theater, entry level, non-profit