The UI/UX Designer position is part of CSD's Virtualization Program, allowing team members to work from any location that meets their needs. We believe that leaders belong in every community, and are proud to support our diverse and global workforce. Learn more at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXUrmixePKE
The UI/UX Designer creates elegant, customer-focused applications and experiences for CSD users of our next-generation technology products serving the Deaf and hard of hearing consumers. This person will collaborate with an Agile team of driven software engineers to design the interaction flows, visuals, and assets for new and existing applications and experiences.
- Contributes to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces
- Creates user-centered design flows and experiences that are simple and intuitive
- Uses business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, user cases, and high-level requirements
- Crafts effective mock-ups, page flows, layouts, designs and wire-frames
- Designs interface and interaction flow of applications and experiences
- Presents design work to technology and product teams for review and feedback
- Utilizes personas, profiles, and usage scenarios in your work based on research results
- Develops and maintains detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
- Refines and extends screen comps based on an established visual toolkit
- Effectively integrates new UX strategies that positively impact customer engagement
- Creates product design standards for a growing suite of products
- Works in an Agile-based environment
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Two years of UI/UX design experience for web and mobile applications
- Some experience with front-end web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS); ability to code is a plus
- Previous professional experience creating design elements across mobile platforms
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language (preferred)
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.