French Bilingual Communication Assistant
French Bilingual Communication Assistants earn a starting wage of $11.00 per hour and are eligible for salary increases twice a year. CA's can earn an extra per hour for shift work and $200 for referring another employee to us!
RETENTION BONUS OPPORTUNITY: Successful hires are eligible for a $400 retention bonus after 480 physical hours worked.
Communication Assistants provide communication access for deaf, hard of hearing, and speech-impaired consumers by relaying telephone calls using voice and a computer. In this role, you will:
- Relay calls between deaf consumers and hearing individuals. Read what's typed by the deaf caller and voice that to the hearing individual. Hear what's said by the hearing individual and type to the deaf caller
- Accept and place local and long distance relay calls for consumers
- Enter desired method of billing instructions and enter billing information into the system
- Relay contents of the call as accurately as possible without intervening in the conversation
- Maintain strict consumer confidentiality and professionalism
High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age or older
- Typing skill of at least 60 WPM (English) and 50 WPM (Spanish) using a personal computer
- Practice your typing speed in English before you apply: click here and try any of the English 5-minute typing tests
- Practice your typing speed in Spanish before you apply: click here and try the 5-minute typing in select 'Español'
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to work various schedules including weekdays, evening and/or weekends
- Experience working in a call center or providing customer service in a retail or similar environment (preferred)
Please note: Skill Assessments will be administered to determine fluency levels at time of interview
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.