New York Captioning Assistant
Captioning Assistants provide quick and accurate captions for telephone conversations of Captioned Telephone clients using voice recognition applications.
- Ensure the highest level of quality service is delivered to all consumers with a calm demeanor.
- Multi-task while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail, (hear audio, voice quickly with clear enunciation what was heard, proof-read developing captions,- all simultaneously).
- Utilize keyboard by typing corrections and other words as necessary.
- Maintain the CapTel Call Centers quality standards for accuracy and speed.
- Monitor technical issues on calls and report to appropriate staff.
- Attend job appropriate meetings and training sessions.
- Sign and abide by CapTels Oath of Confidentiality, even after employment is terminated.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Center manager
Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CSD!
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Typing skills of at least 35 words per minute with a low error rate.
- Ability to work various schedules including weekdays and evenings.
- Excellent reading, vocabulary and spelling skills.
- Strong memory-recall ability.
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page.
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin, including individuals with a disability and protected veterans.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!